Saturday

Holiday Home Highlights...


Rosie's Birthday Table...(more photos to come)...
the greenery is from the ferns and Olive tree growing outside our front porch...
...notice the Swedish lyre back chair...it's my very favorite...
my Grandmother was from Sweden...thus my love for pale shades & blue and white...
but not Ludafisk...pickled herring is palatable (I used to eat it when I was little...then my dad told me it hadn't been truly cooked...that stopped that ;)...


...these noble gentlemen are given herbal wreaths in honor of this festive season...


...these are a few of our vintage purses...I love to use them to house Christmas gifts...
Inside are gift cards to a favorite restaurant...bookstore...fast food place :)...
oh...I made the sign several years ago using slats from a broken (vintage) shutter...I made a basket full...then used them as toppers to embellish gifts and gift baskets that year...


Here is a view from the stair landing of our little cottage... notice the cornices above the large windows (I have a little story to tell about these--with photos--in a future post)...also... notice the herbal wreaths (I made these by cutting up a garland :)...I tied them onto a strand of...what else...tulle! This is an old trick of mine (from our books) telling how I used to display the children's artwork when they were young in the same manner (using painted clothes pins to hang it :). You will find this strand with wreaths ...or ??... up in our house quite often...I don't need an excuse to embellish the ordinary day ;)...oh...I'm also planning a future post on these...one more thing to notice...the angel wings tied (with tulle :) atop the pyramid at the center of our white, hexagonal table... I thought them sooo whimsical :).
P.S. I forgot to take a close up photo of our wooden angel tree topper...it was a gift from my Dad several years ago. I'll try to get a close up picture of it today or tomorrow! It looks very much like a Viking ship's Mast Head.
 
CURRENT MOON